Expertise and insight
We are currently seeking a BIM/CAD Technician in our Kansas City Office who has the desire and willingness to learn Fire Protection and Code Consulting. In this role, the BIM/CAD Technician will assist a team of engineers and project managers by producing egress and sprinkler layouts, schedules and drawings of architectural and fire protection systems for projects ranging anywhere from minor residential renovations to new stadiums and arenas.
REQUIREMENTS: Our ideal candidate will be a graduate of a 2-year Associate’s program with at least 3-5 years of relevant hands-on experience. Proficiency in the following skills and abilities should be demonstrated:
- Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Understanding the Architectural design process
- Ability to work at a fast pace on multiple projects while maintaining the quality and accuracy FP&C expects
- Managing deliverables for the project managers and to be the BIM/CAD lead for assigned projects
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, A360 and Bluebeam software preferred.
- Proficiency in Computational Fluid Dynamics software and modeling preferred.
Roles and Responsibilities
- With direction from the project manager, analyzes and develops approaches to the creation and modification of architectural documents, code specifications, elevations, sections, annotative details, etc. ensuring the proper compliance with various building codes throughout multiple jurisdictions.
- With and without direction from the project manager, engineer, associate, develops and modifies drawings to convey proper information for client review.
- Prepares 2D and 3D presentation drawings for client review.
- Tracks all project data and organizes files current with FP&C standards.
- Conducts code research to better assist the client.
- Understands and translates design intent into technical drawings and documents.
- Capable and reliable team member in all phases of the project.
- Provide expertise or advisement to project managers and engineers for implementation of advanced design techniques.
- Ability to maintain knowledge of current design software and the willingness to incorporate other software into our current practices.
- Dedicate time to research new and upcoming technologies with the intent to incorporate cutting edge practices into our work.
- Provide specialized design analyses such as egress simulation, smoke simulation and code compliance analysis.
To apply, email resume to Lisa Hanley, Operations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or mail resume to: FP&C Consultants KC, LLC, 1330 Burlington Street, Suite 200, North Kansas City, MO 64116.
FP&C Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.